|“You fail only if you stop writing.” —Ray Bradbury|
First Page Feedback
Please join us for our monthly meeting.
November 7, 2018
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Barnes & Noble Carrollwood
Bring the first page of your novel to read aloud. Share your work for instant feedback. Receive kind, constructive critique that will improve your work!
To land an agent or captivate readers, consider the following as you create your first page:
- Write a powerful first line that engages readers.
- Introduce an interesting and likeable protagonist.
- Establish the tone and mood of the story.
- Disclose time period/genre/setting.
- Write in a consistent POV.
- Use vivid verbs.
- Hook your reader!
Join us to learn which story starters writers should avoid.
To share your work, bring one copy of your first page of one (or more) novels or short stories. (If you want to share, but you do not wish to read aloud, someone will read your work for you.)
We will read submissions aloud in the order received.
- One page
- Times New Roman
- 12 point font
- Double spaced
- No more than 250 words
- Include your name, book title, genre, intended audience