Wednesday, November 4 at 6:30 pm
Submit your first page on the TWA website, and then join us via Zoom to receive a constructive critique that will improve your work!
To land an agent or captivate readers, consider the following as you create your first page:
- Write a powerful first line that engages readers
- Introduce an interesting and likeable protagonist
- Establish the tone and mood of the story
- Disclose time period/genre/setting
- Write in a consistent POV
- Use vivid verbs
- Hook your reader!
We will critique submissions in the order received.
- One page. ONE!
- Times New Roman
- 12-point font
- Double spaced
- No more than 299 words
- Include your name, book title, genre, intended audience